TRF Grass fun scamble event in aid of Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance

Started by Hugh4220, 21 Jan, 2020, 09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugh4220

Just a quick heads up for now gentlemen.This year we will be very kindly sponsored by SMV commercials of Yeovil so all you VW van lovers will have something to dribble over. Date will be 9th of May
As always this will be a non-competitive practise event for all rider levels with jumps, bumps and berms to hone your skills.
We will have the club BBQ on site and a junior track for younger riders.
We shall open this up to TRF members generally this year but will put a limit on numbers of 100 adult riders. Juniors are welcome free if accompanied by a paying adult. Booking will be through Eventbrite. Details to follow shortly. 

PaulM

Is this TRF members only as my mate want to come, I am hoping he will join but hasn't yet ?

Billi

I'm signed up but not paid up. Hoping the Places are still there come pay day.

Billi

Bit the Bullet, am now a paid up member so have signed on to this day.
It's a good cause plus it may have even stopped raining by then so it'll just be dust clouds to enjoy rather than rain clouds.😁😁

Hugh4220

As Martin put it very succinctly event cancelled. Unfortunately this is one that cant be postponed because it depends on the timing of a grass crop being harvested and then a maize crop being planted. We can control the grass harvest date using fertiliser rates and daylight/temperature calculations to get optimum quality so it works for us with the bike riding. Unfortunately we cant control the ripening of the maize crop and therefore its harvest date.

I will make a donation to air ambulance as they lose out as a result of the cancellation. I understand these are difficult times for many financially but please make a donation to them if you can too.