04 Jul, 2020, 05:56 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Summer Ride Day - 5th July - Combe Florey

Started by Martin Keswick, 02 Mar, 2020, 10:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Keswick

02 Mar, 2020, 10:16 pm Last Edit: 04 Mar, 2020, 12:06 am by Martin Keswick
I am pleased to advise that we have agreed with the landowner of Combe Woods at Combe Florey to use the woods and adjoining fields for a summer ride day and camp-over on the Saturday night(4th July). The location of the camping is stunning with views across to the Quantock hills.  We will set up a main loop to include the fields and woods differently than we have done before.  The event is open to all TRF members and junior riders (under 16's) ride free.

Tickets for this event are on sale here:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/summer-ride-day-somerset-trf-tickets-97828958047

Billinom8s

Paul Turner AKA "PT"

I'm in and ticket bought. Thanks guys for organising another weekend.
A Society Grows Great When Old Men Plant Trees Whose Shade They Know They Shall Never Sit In.

Collins

I hate to be the one to ask but is it too early to ask yet whether this will go ahead as planned before i pay for my "non refundable" ticket?

Lets be honest if we all got through Binager quarry day storms then this virus should be a piece of p**s! :)
AKA- (Andi)

Paul Turner AKA "PT"

I would like to think it is only non-refundable if I was to pull out of going. If the club cancel then surely the ticket would be refunded.
A Society Grows Great When Old Men Plant Trees Whose Shade They Know They Shall Never Sit In.

Collins

Thats the spirit PT! Can i borrow £28 then please mate?  ;)
AKA- (Andi)

Martin Keswick

If we cancel, we will give full refund

Billinom8s

i'm in, ticket purchased.

now all i need to do is find the bike under all the stuff in the garage.

MARTIN SALKELD

Hi I'm interested in this event, do you have to camp over ? Can I just do the ride? If yes when I book it will I receive  location start time etc?
Thank you
Kind regards
Martin Salkeld

Muddylearner

Pretty sure camping is optional or was that being camp ? 🤪😂

Martin Keswick

Quote from: MARTIN SALKELD on 28 May, 2020, 10:16 amHi I'm interested in this event, do you have to camp over ? Can I just do the ride? If yes when I book it will I receive  location start time etc?
Thank you
Kind regards
Martin Salkeld
Martin, you wil not have to camp, its just an option.  Arrive on day and play (fingers crossed we can run).  Details will be sent nearer the time

Samson Osborne

Sad to read that we are not camping in the fields now is that set in stone or could the restriction still be lifted only asking as it makes for Alot of driving in one day, and last year was a bloody good evening with the club.

Martin Keswick

Overnighters are not allowed Sam, and we definitely can't do on this land. 

Paul Turner AKA "PT"

Is there any setting up to do on the Saturday ?

Martin Keswick

Still working on detail of how this is all going to work.  Risk Assessments and procedures and the like....